Cambridge Audio & Monitor Audio Package
Check out this great pairing we put together, a Cambridge Audio CXA 61 integrated amplifier with a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 100 G7 bookshelf speakers
This system contains the following:
- 1 x Cambridge Audio CXA61 integrated amplifier
- 1 x pair of Monitor Audio Silver 100 G7 Bookshelf speakers
- 1 x pair of Kimber Kable 4pr 6ft speaker cables
The CXA61 is the successor to the already excellent CXA60 integrated amplifier.
How did Cambridge Audio improve on a great amplifier?
First they added a USB digital input.
Second, they changed the DAC to an ESS Sabre SE9010K2M DAC rather than the Wolfson 8740 of the previous model this allows compatibility with 32-bit/384kHz PCM files and up to DSD 256 data streams.
Third, they added a built in Bluetooth connection.
Fourth, Cambridge Audio's engineers upgraded the internal components including the capacitors to increase overall sound quality.
- 60 Watts per channel with Class AB amplification for detailed and powerful audio performance
- High Quality DAC - Connect digital sources directly via TOSLINK and Coaxial
- Bluetooth aptX HD built in for a high quality wireless connection
- 4 x RCA Analogue connections for all your sources.
- USB Audio Input accepting up to 32bit/384kHz & DSD 256 digital files from Mac or PC
Dimensions: 4.5" H x 16.9" W x 13.4” D
Weight: 18.3 lbs
Warranty: 3 years parts and labour
The 7th generation of the Monitor Audio Silver series does not disappoint. These new improved models boast a refined fit and finish as well as numerous acoustical improvements.
- RST II (Rigid Surface Technology II) drivers are tougher and more rigid than other driver designs - they produce clearer audio and deeper bass
- New Uniform Dispersion Waveguide II for the new C-CAM gold dome tweeter improves the uniformity of its dispersion.
- Hexagonal pattern on drivers produce greater clarity
Imagine a bookshelf speaker that gives you richer sound and deeper bass than your old floorstander. That’s what the Monitor Audio Silver 100 7G is capable of. On the outside, a choice of real-wood veneers lets you achieve the perfect look. Inside, a plethora of technologies come together, including metal coned drivers with Rigid Surface Technology, a new tweeter design and a new crossover system that intelligently combines the tweeter and bass driver. If all that just sounds like noise to you, don’t worry. You’ll hear the difference the moment you press play.
- 1 x 8" C-CAM RST II mid-bass driver
- 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter with UD Waveguide II
- System Format 2 - way
- Frequency Response, In-room (-6dB) 35 Hz - 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (2.83v @ 1m) 87.5 dB
- Nominal Impedance 8 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance 4.9 Ohms @ 170 Hz
- Maximum SPL (single, free-field) 106 dB
- Power Handling (RMS) 120 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements 40 - 120 W
- Crossover Frequency 2.3 kHz
- Port Tuning Frequency 42 Hz
- Bass reflex HiVe II port system
Dimensions: 14.75" H x 9" W x 13 D
Weight: 20 lbs
Warranty: 5 years parts and labour