Ayreborn Audio/Video Inc.
Cambridge Audio & Monitor Audio Streaming HiFi System
Check out the excellent system we put together, stream all the music you want with the Cambridge Audio CXN V2 series 2 music streamer, paired with the CXA81 integrated amplifier & a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 300 tower speakers.
This system includes the following:
- 1 x Cambridge Audio CXA81 integrated amplifier
- 1 x Cambridge Audio CXN V2 series 2 music streamer
- 1 x Pair of Monitor Audio Silver 300 tower speakers
- 1 x set of AudioQuest 1M Red River XLR interconnects
- 1 x 10ft set of AudioQuest Rocket 33 single bi-wire speaker cables
More about this system.
The Cambridge Audio CXN V2 series 2 music streamer
Now Roon compatible
Whatever input the music comes from - wired or wireless - and no matter its original resolution, the powerful digital engine inside the CXN V2 upsamples your favourite songs to 24-bit/384kHz hi-res quality. They’re then passed via twin Wolfson WM8740 DACs in Dual Differential configuration; the result is tonal clarity, detail and an involvement with your music that will astound you.
Features & specifications:
- Dual Wolfson WM8740 24-bit DACs
- Digital filter: 2nd Generation ATF2 up-sampling to 24-bit/384kHz
- USB Audio InputUSB Type B conforms to USB Audio profile 1.0 or 2.0 (user selectable) and DSD via USB
- Digital audio inputsS/PDIF Coaxial and TOSLINK Optical
- Analogue audio outputsBalanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analogue
- Digital audio outputsS/PDIF Coaxial and TOSLINK Optical
- CompatibilityUPnP, Local USB media, USB audio 1.0 and 2.0, S/PDIF Toslink and Coaxial, Airplay, BT100 Bluetooth receiver (not supplied), Internet radio, Spotify Connect
- Audio formatsALAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, WMA, MP3, AAC, HE AAC, AAC+, OGG Vorbis
The CXA81 is the new an improved version of the already excellent CXA80.
What more could Cambridge Audio do to an already proven masterpiece ?
First, they changed the DAC to an ES9016K2M and improved USB input that supports audio of up to 32-bit/384kHz and DSD256 quality
Second, they added a built in Bluetooth connection, no more need to add a Bluetooth adaptor.
Third, Cambridge Audio's engineers upgraded the internal components including the capacitors to increase overall sound quality.
- 80-watts per channel with Class AB amplification for detailed and powerful audio performance
- Separate, symmetrical left and right channels are carefully engineered to deliver incredible sound-staging
- Balanced XLR inputs for low noise interference
- High Quality DAC - Connect digital sources directly via TOSLINK and Coaxial
- USB Audio Input accepting up to 32bit/384kHz & DSD 256 digital files from Mac or PC
- Bluetooth aptX HD built in
Dimensions: 4.5" H x 16.9" W x 13.4” D
Our best selling tower speaker! The Monitor Audio Silver 300 floor standing speakers are an incredible speaker perfect for HiFi and home cinema. They perform while maintaining a slim footprint and elegant design suited for any home decor.
The three-way configuration allows each driver to be optimised to do a better job over a narrower frequency band; the only real way to deliver elevated performance in every respect. Superlatively natural mid-range comes courtesy of a dedicated 4-inch driver, specially designed with ‘under hung’ voice coil and motor system. This technique ensures the voice coil always remains in the magnetic gap under all conditions for demonstrably lower distortion than usually found at this level – an advance which can be immediately heard.
Features and specifications:
- Frequency Response: 32 Hz – 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (1W@1M): 90dB
- Minimum Impedance 3.5 ohms @ 146 Hz
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements: 80-200 W
- 1 x 4" RST® Mid-range driver
- 2 x 6" RST® Bass driver
- 1 x 1" (25mm) C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
- Magnetic grill
External Dimensions: 39.38" H x 7.31" W x 12.93" D
Warranty: 5 years parts and labour against manufacturing defects in material or workmanship only.
The Hook up:
This system includes the following to hook everything up.
- 1 set of AudioQuest 1M Red River XLR interconnects to connect the Cambridge Audio CXN V2 to the CXA81 integrated amplifier.
- 1 set of AudioQuest Rocket 33 single bi-wire speaker cables to connect the speakers to the amp.