Cambridge Audio & Monitor Audio Vinyl HiFi System
Play those albums on this system and you will not be disappointed, easy to set up and all cables are included!
This system contains:
- 1 x Cambridge Audio CXA81 integrated amplifier
- 1 x Cambridge Audio Alva ST Turntable
- 1 x Pair of Monitor Audio Silver 500 tower speakers
- 1 x 3M set of Kimber Kable 8VS Speaker Cables
More about this system:
The award winning CXA81 is the improved version of the already excellent CXA80.
What more could Cambridge Audio do to an already proven masterpiece ?
First, they changed the DAC to an ES9016K2M and improved USB input that supports audio of up to 32-bit/384kHz and DSD256 quality
Second, they added a built in Bluetooth connection, no more need to add a Bluetooth adaptor.
Third, Cambridge Audio's engineers upgraded the internal components including the capacitors to increase overall sound quality.
- 80-watts per channel with Class AB amplification for detailed and powerful audio performance
- Separate, symmetrical left and right channels are carefully engineered to deliver incredible sound-staging
- Balanced XLR inputs for low noise interference
- High Quality DAC - Connect digital sources directly via TOSLINK and Coaxial
- USB Audio Input accepting up to 32bit/384kHz & DSD 256 digital files from Mac or PC
- Bluetooth aptX HD built in
This excellent feature rich turntable from Cambridge Audio not only has a built in phono pre-amp it also has Bluetooth so it is easy and versatile to set up.
- Bluetooth aptX HD – Switchable Hi-Res wireless streaming. Place the turntable on a flat-surface that suits you.
- Built-In Phono Stage – Switchable phono pre-amp, direct connection to amp – keep your setup simple.
- Belt Drive – With simple electronic push button speed control.
- Pre-installed Moving Magnet Cartridge – A well-regarded choice, play records in minutes.
- New Tonearm with Removable Headshell – Lightweight and strong. Tracks your records flawlessly.
The 7th generation of the Monitor Audio Silver series does not disappoint. These new improved models boast a refined fit and finish as well as numerous acoustical improvements.
RST II (Rigid Surface Technology II) drivers are tougher and more rigid than other driver designs - they produce clearer audio and deeper bass
New Uniform Dispersion Waveguide II for the new C-CAM gold dome tweeter improves the uniformity of its dispersion.
Hexagonal pattern on drivers produce greater clarity
The Silver 500 7G has punchy bass. A great high and mid-range response. Beautifully crafted looks. It’s not hard to say what makes the Silver 500 7G special, but it is hard to appreciate just what a difference those things make – until, that is, you listen for yourself.
- 2 x 8" C-CAM RST II bass driver
- 1 x 3" C-CAM RST II mid-range driver
- 1 x 1" (25 mm) C-CAM Gold Dome tweeter with UD Waveguide II
- System Format 3 - way
- Frequency Response, In-room (-6dB) 27 Hz - 35 kHz
- Sensitivity (2.83v @ 1m) 90.5 dB
- Nominal Impedance 8 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance 4.1 Ohms @ 150 Hz
- Maximum SPL (single, free-field) 111 dB
- Power Handling (RMS) 250 W
- Recommended Amplifier Requirements 80 - 250 W