Ortofon 2M Red Cartridge Premounted on SH-4 Headshell
This version of the most popular cartridge includes a SH-4 headshell and is pre-mounted at the factory so you can easily swap cartridges on a variety of turntables with detachable headshells.
Works great on all Technics turntables!
The 2M Red phono cartridge is an all purpose cartridge delivering dynamics but at the same time maintaining warmth.
Improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5mV and an optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy
Tipped Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire
2M Red is an all-purpose cartridge that delivers open, dynamic sound with a slight touch of warmth.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5,5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1,5 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 22 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-22.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 Hz + 3 / - 1 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 70 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 20 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Elliptical
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/18 µm
- Tracking force range - 1,6-2,0g (16-20 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1,8 g (18 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1,3 kOhm
- Internal inductance - 700 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Red
- Cartridge weight - 7,2 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight - 20 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length - 52 mm