Rega Phono Cartridge Aphelion
The Aphelion is the third generation of Rega's unique moving coil cartridges.Taking the technology developed from the latest Apheta 2 to the next level, our engineers have fine tuned every aspect of the original design.
Aphelion features a new boron cantilever and super high-powered, neodymium magnet and a coil meticulously hand wound on an iron micro cross that is fifty percent smaller than the original. The weight reduction of the generator allows us greater freedom to track the vinyl groove accurately ensuring even more detail is extracted from the vinyl.
The Aphelion is housed within a completely redesigned, single piece, aluminium black anodised body and protected by a CAD designed, clear rigid cover to protect the internal fine wires, making handling whilst fitting, safe and risk free.
Features and specifications:
- Tracking Pressure 1.75 - 2.00g
- Input load impedance 100 ohms
- Output impedance 10 ohms
- Nominal output voltage 350μV
- Channel Balance : ≥ 10μV
- Separation : ≥ -29dB
- Graded zero tolerance black anodised aluminium body
- Boron rod cantilever
- 'Vital' profile nude diamond stylus rotated through 90 degrees.
- Iron micro cross & coil assembly making one of the worlds smallest MC generators.
- Worlds most powerful minaturised neodymium magnet.
- High specification fine wire 0.018mm