Ortofon 2M Bronze Phono Cartridge
Designed for demanding situations the 2M Bronze cartridge tracks some of the highest frequencies at the same time reducing distortion and record wear.
- The 2M Bronze features a nude Fine Line diamond stylus, which is particularly suited for demanding applications. The slim profile of the Fine Line stylus will track even the highest frequency information, making it a must for discerning listeners. Additionally, its larger footprint ensures reduced distortion and record wear.
- The cartridge body used for the 2M Bronze is manufactured from a newly-developed Lexan DMX Piano Black, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
- We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
- The 2M Bronze uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 26 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-29.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Fine Line
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 8/40 µm
- Tracking force range - 1,4-1,7g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1,5 g (15 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1,2 kOhm
- Internal inductance - 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Bronze
- Cartridge weight - 7,2 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight - 20 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length - 52 mm