Ortofon 2M Black pre-mounted Phono Cartridge
This version of the 2M Black cartridge includes a SH-4 headshell and is pre-mounted at the factory so you can easily swap cartridges on a variety of turntables with detachable headshells.
Works great on all Technics turntables!
The Moving Magnet flagship cartridge from Ortofon, the 2M Black has a Shibata diamond stylus giving the listener a very detailed reproduction.
- The cartridge body used for the 2M Black is manufactured from Lexan DMX Piano Black, a revolutionary material which ensures high rigidity while eliminating unwanted resonances.
- The 2M Black uses a special upgraded engine, featuring split pole pins with a silver plated copper wire.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 5 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz - 1 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz - 26 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz - 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB - 20-31.000 Hz
- Frequency response - 20-20.000 + 2 / - 0 dB
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force - 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral - 22 µm/mN
- Stylus type - Nude Shibata
- Stylus tip radius - r/R 6/50 µm
- Tracking force range - 1,4-1,7g (14-17 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended - 1,5 g (15 mN)
- Tracking angle - 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance - 1,2 kOhm
- Internal inductance - 630 mH
- Recommended load resistance - 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance - 150-300 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus - Black/Black
- Cartridge weight - 7,2 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell weight - 20 g
- 2M PnP MkII cartridge with integrated headshell length - 52 mm
- Replacement stylus unit - 2M Black (interchangeable with 2M Bronze)